Winter Emergency Car Kit
South Salt Lake residents know that winter in the mountains can be brutal. It’s no time to take risks when you’re on the roads, which can be slick and dangerous. That’s why Salt Lake Valley Buick GMC is here to help you put together a winter emergency car kit that’ll have you prepared for whatever winter throws your way this year. Take a look at what you need in your winter car safety kit, then contact our service department for an appointment to winterize your car.
Drive with confidence this winter, knowing that your winter emergency car kit will help keep you and your family prepared if you get stuck on the road. It’s easy to make the best car emergency kit with items that are inexpensive and easy to find. You’ll want all of these items if you find yourself stranded:
- Battery cables
- Ice scraper
- Portable shovel
- Warning signaling cones
- Backup batteries for flashlights and phones
- Safety vest
- Roadside triangles
- Basic first-aid kit
- Cell phone charger
- Flat tire kit
- Common winter items like gloves, a blanket, rain ponchos, rags, boots, socks, a hat, or anything that will help you stay warm and dry.
In addition to having your winter emergency car kit, you’ll also want to add a few items to your emergency tool kit for your car if you’re planning long road trips for the holidays or winter vacations:
- Tow strap: You’ll be glad to have a tow strap if you get stuck in a ditch, and you need another vehicle to help pull you out. Your vehicle's owner's manual will have tow strap instructions for you.
- Fire extinguisher: It’s always a good idea to keep a fire extinguisher in your vehicles. Make sure the fire extinguisher you purchase is intended for automotive use.
- Long-lasting food and water: Throw in some bottled water, protein bars, and whatever shelf-stable, nutrient-dense foods you like, just in case.
In addition to keeping your winter car safety kit well-stocked, the most important thing to remember is to stay inside your car or as near as possible. Never leave your vehicle and go out on your own.
Is your vehicle ready for winter? Prepare it with the help of the Salt Lake Valley Buick GMC service department! We can help you with all your winterization needs, down to replacing your tires and more.